Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions set out the rules for placing orders and providing services on the PaperPlainz website.
- The terms used herein shall have the following meaning:
- Client – a natural person (with full capacity to effect acts in law) who has purchased or intends to purchase a Subscription (also called a Membership) on PaperPlainz website; only a consumer may be the Client;
- Consumer – in accordance with the Polish Civil Code of 23 April 1964 – a User who as a natural person performs an act in law not directly related to this natural person’s business or professional activity using the Website;
- User Account – individual account of the Client on the Website, containing individual data of the Client and enabling the use of Services provided through the Website;
- Service – the full scope of services provided electronically by the Service Provider for Clients in the scope specified in the Terms and Conditions. The essence of the service is to enable access via the Internet to the Website and materials made available through it, by purchasing a Subscription;
- Subscription (Membership) – a fee-based contract concluded for a definite period of time, to the extent specified in the description of a given Subscription, which grants access the Services available through the Website;
- Service Provider – an entity providing Services under these Terms and Conditions;
- Website – a website kept by the Service Provider in paperplainz.com;
- Terms and Conditions – this document along with all annexes.
- The Website offers via the Internet fee-based Subscriptions that grant access to Services, which in particular entail access to the following materials: solutions to tasks from prior IB exams, explanations of theoretical issues related to the subject, original questions in format used during IB exams together with answers, and other proprietary materials that can serve as aids in preparing a student for an IB exam.
- Detailed information on Services and Subscriptions is provided at paperplainz.com and is sent by e-mail by the Service Provider.
- The Client may contact the Service Provider by post and e-mail at email@example.com.
- Orders can be placed round the clock on the Website.
- As part of the Subscription purchased, the Client is granted the access to the fee-based Services for the period specified in the Subscription.
- The third parties do not have the right to access the Subscription without prior consent of the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider is an entity independent of International Baccalaureate (previously known as the International Baccalaureate Organization).
Terms and conditions of using the service
- The Service Provider provides Users with electronic services pursuant to distance contracts concluded by the Client and the Service Provider.
- The Service Provider charges fees for the provision of Services for the Clients in amount prescribed in the Subscription.
- In order to place an order via the Website, the Client must meet the following technical requirements:
- the Client must have a computer, laptop, or any other device connected to the Internet;
- the Client must have access to the e-mail;
- the Client must use a web browser (Internet Explorer 7.0 or newer, Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or newer, Opera 11.0 or newer, Google Chrome 20.0 or newer, Safari 5.0 or newer);
- the minimum screen resolution must be 1024×768;
- the Client must agree in the browser for cookies being saved.
- The Services entail access to the Website via the Internet. Services rendered by the Service Provider via the Website include but are not limited to:
- User Accounts and Profiles;
- The contract for provision of User Account and Profile is concluded free of change and takes place upon complete and correct registration on the Website. The contract is concluded for an indefinite period of time. The Client may terminate the aforesaid contract at any time, in the manner specified herein. User Account will be deleted upon termination of the contract.
- The contract for Newsletter is concluded free of change and takes place upon complete and correct subscription to the Newsletter on the Website. The contract is concluded for an indefinite period of time. The Client may terminate the aforesaid contract at any time, by completing the procedure provided by the Service Provider after clicking the “Unsubscribe” button.
- The Client may withdraw from the contract for provision of each of the Services referred to above within 14 days from its execution, without giving a reason. A contract withdrawal template that can be used by the Client is appended hereto.
- The User Account enables the use of fee-based Services offered on the Website by the Service Provider.
- The Clients register their accounts on the Website.
- The Services are rendered by: PaperPlainz Magdalena Paluchowska firstname.lastname@example.org, Rua dos Arneiros 19/2 1500-055 Lisboa, Portugal.
- Individual accounts enable the Clients to use the Services provided at the Website, as well as to purchase Subscription.
- In order to register at the Website, the User has to fill in the registration form (and to provide the following data: e-mail, name, surname, account password).
- Providing incorrect data is forbidden.
- It is prohibited to create User Account using automatic means.
- Any activities of the Clients should be compliant with the applicable provisions of law and good practices.
- Each Client undertakes to:
- use the functionalities and resources provided on the Website in accordance with its purpose;
- observe the law and good practices;
- respect the rights and personal interests of other Clients;
- refrain from any action to the detriment of other Clients, the Website or third parties;
- refrain from disclosing any fee-based materials to third parties.
- The Service Provider undertakes to take all necessary measures to ensure the correct, secured, uninterrupted and error-free access to the Website.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for:
- actions undertaken by Clients;
- failure to fulfil the specific requirements of the Client, other than resulting from the general purpose of the Website;
- correctness, reliability and accuracy of data obtained when using the Website;
- temporary technical errors occurring during the operation of the Website;
- results and marks obtained in by Clients in all types of tests, examinations, competitions.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for any damage caused by third parties which accessed the Website by using correct data (login and password) of any Client.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for losses and any other consequences caused by disclosure of password or login by the Client to a third party.
- The Service Provider shall not be liable for any interruption in the operation of the system caused by technical problems in the hardware of software used by the Client, or malfunction of the Internet, force majeure or forbidden interference of third parties which prevent the User from using the Website.
- In the case of a notification of any unauthorised access to the Website, the Service Provider shall take immediate action to secure the data collected.
- The Service Provider shall regularly create backup of data placed at the Website, in order to minimise the risk of data loss due to the action of unauthorised persons or technical errors in the functioning of the Website.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to intervene in the User Account in order to remove any irregularities in the Website operation, disruptions in the operation of the Account, or in order to improve and extend the scope of the Service.
- The Service Provider shall have the right to make changes in the Website, in relation to the work conducted for the improvement and modernisation of the Website. In particular, the Service Provider shall have the right to change the Website functionalities.
- The content published by the Clients at the Website shall be their property and only they shall be liable for any potential infringement of third party rights.
- Placement of content that is illegal or contrary to good practices at the Website, and in particular pornographic content, vulgar content, or defamatory, offending religious feelings, inciting racial, ethnic or religious hatred, propagating phonographic or computer piracy, disseminating techniques of infringing data, viruses and any other materials similar in content or action is strictly forbidden and shall constitute an infringement of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Service Provider shall have the right to edit and delete the content placed by the Clients to the extent it is inconsistent with the law. Any and all content inconsistent with the law shall be deleted by the Service Provider within 3 days of receiving a notification of their existence.
- The account of a Client, who commonly publishes illegal content or content that violates the personal interests of others may be blocked or deleted by the Service Provider.
Services provided through the Website
- Services provided through the Website include in particular:
- edition of the User Account,
- registration of the User Account,
- logging into the User Account,
- access to materials, such as:
- video explanations for past IB exams,
- short videos with concept explanations,
- “Question bank” – a set of questions similar to IB questions and short videos with explanations,
- materials about psychology, i.e. materials concerning psychological aspects, teaching and preparation for exams,
- a blog.
Conclusion of contracts
- The contract is concluded between the Service Provider and the Client.
- All prices provided on the Website are gross prices (inclusive of VAT) specified in EUR.
- The contract is made up of: Terms and Conditions, and Subscription (Membership) selected by the Client.
- Orders may be placed on the Website using the Order Form. The Service Provider does not allow placing orders by phone, e-mail or personally.
- To make a purchase, the Client selects the Subscription on the Website by clicking the “Let’s go!” button.
- Afterwards, the Client clicks “Sign up” button, which will redirect the Client to the webpage containing information on the order performed. Such information include but are not limited to: main features of the Subscription selected, total price including taxes, presentation of Client’s data provided in the order form.
- In order to place an order, the Client is obliged to confirm the order by clicking “Sign up” button below order summary.
- By clicking “Sign up” button, the Client declares to be aware of making an order with obligation to pay.
- The contract is concluded when the Client confirm an order, i.e. when the Client clicks “Order and pay” button.
- The payment date shall be day on which the payment should be credited to the Service Provider’s account.
- In order to use the User Account and the Order Form, the Client has to confirm that she or he has read and accept these Terms and Conditions.
- After the Client places an order, the Service Provider sends an e-mail confirming order placement along with information about its execution that include but are not limited to: main features of the services selected, total price including taxes, presentation of Client’s personal data provided in the order form.
- The contract shall be preserved, secured and made available by:
- making these Terms and Conditions on the Website;
- preserving the content in the IT system of the Website.
Payment time limits and methods
- The Website provides payment methods for the order that are each time specified in payment time.
- The Client is obliged to pay within 3 working days from the date of purchase.
- If there is a need to refund funds for a transaction made by the client with a payment card, the seller shall return them to the back account assigned to the Client’s payment card.
Right of withdrawal from the contract
- The Client may withdraw from the contract within 14 days from its conclusion (i.e. from the day on which the Subscription was purchased), without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the date of the contract. If access to Services has been made available to the Client at the Client’s request before the end of the 14-day withdrawal period, the amount paid by the Client shall be returned in amount proportional to the period in which the Subscription has been granted.
- In order to exercise this right, the Client must inform the Service Provider of decision on this matter in the form of an unequivocal statement. The above-mentioned statement shall be sent by e-mail at email@example.com or at the following postal address: Rua dos Arneiros 19/2 1500-055 Lisboa, Portugal. Such statement may be filed on a form constituting Annex No. 1 hereto, but it is not mandatory.
- In order to meet the time limit for withdrawing from the contract, the Client has to send information about exercise of the right of withdrawal before the time limit for withdrawing from the contract to one of the addresses indicated above.
- Subject to the sections above, in the event of withdrawal, the amount paid for the Subscription will be immediately returned to the Client no later than within 14 days from the date on which the Service Provider was notified of the Client’s decision to withdraw from the contract. The payment will be refunded using the same payment methods that were used by the Client in the original transaction, unless the Client expressly agrees to a different solution. Under no circumstances will the Client incur any costs in connection with such refund.
(statutory warranty for defects)
- The Service Provider shall be obliged to render services free from physical and legal defects.
- The liability of the Service Provider for physical or legal defects shall expire after two years from the service date. Before the expiry of the above time limit, the Client may notify the Service Provider of a defect in the following manner:
- by sending an appropriate e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by sending an appropriate notification to the following address: Rua dos Arneiros 19/2 1500-055 Lisboa, Portugal.
- The Client is not bound by the above methods of submitting a complaint. The complaint may be submitted in any manner, provided that a durable medium is used.
- The complaint shall include:
- full name of Client;
- address of residence for correspondence;
- a proof of purchase attached (e.g. receipt, bank transfer confirmation, etc.);
- a detailed description of the service being the subject of complaint;
- description of defect, non-compliance of the service with the contract and day on which it occurred;
- request of the Client (withdrawal from the contract, price reduction, removal of the defect);
- date of submission and signature of the Client submitting a complaint.
- The Service Provider acknowledges that the complaint has been received.
- If the Service Provider does not respond to the Client’s complaint within 14 calendar days from the date of delivery of such complaint, it shall be assumed that the Service Provider has accepted the Client’s complaint and requests.
Personal data protection
- Data of the Clients shall be used solely for the purpose for which they were made available and the Service Provider undertakes not to disclose them to third parties, unless generally applicable provisions stipulate otherwise.
Deleting User Accounts
- The Client shall be entitled to delete their Account at any time. For this purpose, the Client should send the Service Provider a relevant statement in an electronic form or in writing.
- The Service Provider may refuse to delete a User Account if the Client has violated these Terms and Conditions or applicable law, and Client’s data have to be retained to clarify these circumstances and determine the Client’s liability.
- An Account shall be deleted at Client’s request within 14 days.
Amendment to the Terms and Conditions
- The Service Provider reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time, but only for important reasons, in particular due to changes in the provisions of the applicable law or technical and organisational changes in the manner of Service provision, as well as in the case of a change in the legal organisation of the Service Provider’s activity. The amendments shall not affect the placed, implemented or completed activities performed by the website.
- The Service Provider shall inform the Clients of the amendments and their content 14 days prior to their introduction. The information shall be provided to the Client by e-mail sent to the address provided during the registration.
- The Client shall consent to any amendments to the Terms and Conditions by marking a relevant box at the User Account under the text informing thereof.
- If the Client does not consent to the amendment of the Terms and Conditions, the Client should delete the User Account as provided on the Webpage.
- If the Client fails to undertake any of the above mentioned activities, within 14 days from the date of delivery of information about the amendment to the Terms and Conditions, the amendment shall become effective as if the Client accepted the amendment to the Terms and Conditions as specified herein.
Non-judicial dispute resolution
- In order to resolve a dispute arising in connection with purchases made on the Website, the consumer shall have the right to request assistance from the following institutions before bringing a case in a common court of law:
- a permanent amicable consumer court referred to in the Act on Trade Inspection of 15 December 2000, by filing a motion to settle a dispute arising from the sales agreement;
- the Voivodeship Trade Inspection Authority, by requesting to initiate mediation proceedings in order to resolve the dispute amicably;
- poviat or municipal consumer ombudsman or social organisation protecting consumer rights.
- Detailed information on possible non-judicial dispute resolution and available procedures is provided in registered offices and at websites of institutions such as the Trade Inspection Authority, poviat (municipal) consumer ombudsmen, social organisations protecting consumer rights and the Office of Protection Competition and Consumers.
- Online dispute resolution platform for consumers and entrepreneurs at EU level (ODR platform) is provided at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. The ODR platform is an interactive and multilingual webpage with a comprehensive service point for consumers and entrepreneurs seeking out-of-court settlement of a dispute regarding contractual obligations arising from an online sales contract or service contract.
Complaints related to the technical functioning of the Website
- Each Client shall be entitled to file a complaint on account of any malfunctions of the Website within 14 days from such malfunction. A complaint should be submitted via e-mail sent to email@example.com. The description of such malfunction should enable the Service Provider to identify the problem and to repair it.
- The Service Provider shall examine the complaint within 14 calendar days of the date of receiving the complaint.
- In the case of a serious technical problem, the Service Provider reserves the right to limit the access to the Website.
- Any errors in the functioning of the Website, comments and information on the functioning of the Website, as well as cases of infringement of the Terms and Conditions should be reported to the Service Provider by e-mail.
Intellectual property rights of the Service Provider
- The Service Provider shall have exclusive rights to any materials, including audio-visual elements, graphic elements, the layout and design of such elements, trademarks and other information available at the Website. These elements shall be subject to copyrights, industrial property rights, including the rights from the registration of trademarks and rights to databases and as such they are subject the contractual legal protection.
- Downloading or using in any scope the materials available within the Website shall require each time a written consent of the Service Provider and may not infringe the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and generally applicable law, as well as it may not infringe the interests of the Service Provider.
- Modifying or copying the elements of the Website shall be forbidden.
- In matters not regulated under these Terms and Conditions, the provisions of generally applicable law shall apply, in particular the Polish Civil Code of 23 April 1964 and the Act on consumer rights of 30 May 2014.
- The Terms and Conditions shall enter into force as of 02 October 2019.
CONTRACT WITHDRAWAL TEMPLATE
(this form shall only be completed and sent if you want to withdraw from the contract)
– Addressee: ……….
– I/We(*) hereby give notice that I/we(*) withdraw from my/our(*) contract of sale of the following services: ……………..
– Reason for withdrawal from the contract (optionally): ………………….
– Date of conclusion of the contract: ……………….
– Name and surname of the consumer(s): ………………………………………………
– Address of the consumer(s): ……………………………………………………
– Signature of the consumer(s) (only if this form is sent on paper)